The Paper Players 350:



Hi all!  I will admit that my nose surgery set me back further then I thought.  I have not left the couch since Tuesday.  I am going on day number six - oh dear me!  The only things I have been doing is sleeping, napping, and nibbling on bits of food. The good news is that my nose is feeling better!  I get my "stuffing" (packed gauze) out on Tuesday.


This week at The Paper Players, Nance's SKETCH CHALLENGE is beautiful, I could use it million times over:



I went with more florals... and birthdays... and watercolours.  

For a softer background look, I took a clean water brush and diluted my stamped lines and dots on the paper.  I am quite thrilled how my little floral birthday card turned out :)



Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp More Spring Flowers, Simon Says Stamp Sketch Ranunculus
Die cuts:  My Favorite Things Blueprints 21, My Favorite Things Vertical Stitched Strips
Frosting: 
Wow Embossing Powder White, Tim Holtz Waterbrush, Canson XL Watercolor paper, Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Zig Clean Color Real Brushes, Stampin' Up! ink















Comments

Vicki Finger said…
This is quite lovely and I think flowers work for almost everything!!
Nance Leedy said…
Deanne, I could stare at this card for hours--it is STUNNING! Your watercolor skills are amazing and I love the subtle background--especially the combination of stripes and dot. Tickled pink that you like the sketch--you nailed it! Hope you find some nose relief soon--take care of yourself!
Nance is absolutely right Deanne - stunning is what this card most definitely is! You are a true watercolour master; your subtle spots and stripes background is gorgeous and your vibrant flower is beautiful. A truly beautiful card! So pleased you are staying with us for another 6 months and sharing your masterpieces with the team and our participants.
laurie said…
This is just BEAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous card!
Deanne, you never cease to amaze me! They sis o gorgeous! I love the beautiful flowers and the fantastic background you created. SO happy you are staying on the PP for another term! I love your work! XX
Stampingcountry said…
What beautiful happy colors! Your coloring is gorgeous!
Beautiful!!! Love your take on the sketch!

Popular Posts