Merry Monday #103:


Merry Monday all!!  What a gorgeous weekend it was, Spring has finally come for a visit (and will hopefully stay awhile).  I was able to open my craftroom window a smidge to let in some fresh air - yummy!


Even my lil helper, Pixie Girl, found a patch of sunshine in the craftroom:



Welcome to another week at Merry Monday, where we all get a head start on our Christmas cards.
This week, Kathie has has chosen the theme of using a snowman on your card:



I decided to go vintage again as this lil snowman was calling my name.  Look at those little chubby cheeks :)
I had to carefully place my Christmas tag, as this vintage image comes with a New Year's sentiment.  I figure the recipient won't be standing on their head so *shouldn't* won't be seen ;)


Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Old Design Shop snowman, KaiserCraft Christmas Card rub-on sentiment, KaiserCraft Believe (background)
Inks:  Tim Holtz Old Paper
Papers:  Authentique Joyous, Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas
Cardstock: Recollections
Bits/Bobs:  Gelly Roll white pen, Recollections gems, Wild Orchid flowers
Tools:  Oval and Labels 18 Nesties, Making Memories edge distresser


Don't forget to check out the rest of my teamies super fantastic creations at Merry Monday.
Thanks for the visit - cheers!



Photobucket

Comments

~amy~ said…
Love your card...and Pixie Girl:)
Wendy said…
Love this, Deanne! I so adore that sweet little snowman and pretty paper! Awesome design as well! My dogs are just like Pixie Girl, they love to lay in the sun! Gotta love our furbabies! Have a wonderful week! :)
Notes by Nina said…
Very cute vintage image and I love the colours and papers you used.
Annette said…
Fab card honey, and that inspirational photo is just the cutest! Your little helper looks very happy sat in the sunshine too. :0)
Hugs
Annette
xx
Bonnie said…
This is the cutest snowman! I do love his fat cheeks! The tag and flower are so pretty! And I like that you hide things on your cards too.
Kristie Goulet said…
Beautiful vintage snowman! Love your design. Have a great week!
Deanne, this is GORGEOUS! I love the vintage snowman and the touches of stitching just pull it all together!
Monika/Buzsy said…
Such a darling card Deanne. Love the vintage look.
Katie Melhus said…
Hey Deanne, another lovely vintage creation from you! Awesome job "re-purposing" the image for Christmas, we would never have known if you didn't confess! Your Pixie Girl is too adorable too :)
JD/ Jill said…
Pretty Christmas card, Really like that vintage image.
Brought back memories for me...of the days our dog would lay at my feet in my craft room...I do miss that. He was a great companion.
Irish Cherokee said…
The image brings back memories of Christmas past. Much like the ones we used to get. Excellent vintage card.
Karren said…
Another gorgeous vintage image and you've showcased it so well! Love the flower and banner embellies!
Karen Davis said…
Love your gorgeous vintage image Deanne, such a fabulous card. Love wee Pixi Girl too.
Jen Timko said…
All of your vintage elements are lovely but that snowman really is the star of the show. Fabulous card!
Greta said…
Wow--this is beautiful!
Your card is beautiful! I love how you added the tag with the flowers and gems.

Popular Posts