The Paper Players 350:



Hi all!  I will admit that my nose surgery set me back further then I thought.  I have not left the couch since Tuesday.  I am going on day number six - oh dear me!  The only things I have been doing is sleeping, napping, and nibbling on bits of food. The good news is that my nose is feeling better!  I get my "stuffing" (packed gauze) out on Tuesday.


This week at The Paper Players, Nance's SKETCH CHALLENGE is beautiful, I could use it million times over:



I went with more florals... and birthdays... and watercolours.  

For a softer background look, I took a clean water brush and diluted my stamped lines and dots on the paper.  I am quite thrilled how my little floral birthday card turned out :)



Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp More Spring FlowersSimon Says Stamp Sketch Ranunculus
Die cuts:  My Favorite Things Blueprints 21My Favorite Things Vertical Stitched Strips
Frosting: 
Wow Embossing Powder White, Tim Holtz WaterbrushCanson XL Watercolor paperTsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Zig Clean Color Real BrushesStampin' Up! ink















Comments

Vicki Finger said…
This is quite lovely and I think flowers work for almost everything!!
Nance Leedy said…
Deanne, I could stare at this card for hours--it is STUNNING! Your watercolor skills are amazing and I love the subtle background--especially the combination of stripes and dot. Tickled pink that you like the sketch--you nailed it! Hope you find some nose relief soon--take care of yourself!
Nance is absolutely right Deanne - stunning is what this card most definitely is! You are a true watercolour master; your subtle spots and stripes background is gorgeous and your vibrant flower is beautiful. A truly beautiful card! So pleased you are staying with us for another 6 months and sharing your masterpieces with the team and our participants.
laurie said…
This is just BEAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous card!
Deanne, you never cease to amaze me! They sis o gorgeous! I love the beautiful flowers and the fantastic background you created. SO happy you are staying on the PP for another term! I love your work! XX
Stampingcountry said…
What beautiful happy colors! Your coloring is gorgeous!
Beautiful!!! Love your take on the sketch!

Popular Posts