Vintage Jake Too:


Good morning all.  I'm checking in on everyone - making sure no one has stopped crafting without me ;)

It's been a couple of whirlwind weeks here, tomorrow we get the keys to our new home.  With packing and getting rid of things I haven't used for years, I haven't had much time to sit down.  I am really looking forward to Christmas holidays so I can sit and relax.

 StampFairy is sponsoring Charisma Cardz' vintage challenge.

I again, used my favourite Jake bear.


I was just finishing up some of the flower details when I dropped one on Jake's scarf.  I had hot glue everywhere and was in a panic thinking I'd ruined the whole card :S   Turns out I was able to safe his scarf by using glossy accents - why not make him a shiny scarf!?!?!  Good thing it didn't land on his face :S

Card Ingredients:
Stamps:  Stamp Fairy Jake, JustRite Signed Sealed Delivered (background), Simon Says Stamp! Best Mom Ever and Cupcake Party (background), Waltzing Mouse sentiment
Inks:  Prismacolor pencils, Craft Smart Chocolate and Gold, Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap, Versafine Onyx
Papers:  MME
Cardstock: DCWV, Recollections
Bits/Bobs: Wild Orchard flowers, cheese cloth, Hero Arts lace, Glossy Accents,
Tools:  sewing machine, blending stumps and mineral spirit, Making Memories edge distresser



I created this card for the following challenges:  CSAYL - fabric/felt,  jingle belles - traditions (sledding!!!), Crafting Life's Pieces - sketch


I am without internet service until at least Monday, but now I have a whole house to unpack and decorate... and put a Christmas tree!!  I was kidding when I said my next break will be Christmas holidays :)

I will be back in a little under two weeks - see you then!!!!  Cheers to you all!

Photobucket

Comments

SmilynStef said…
Great *save* on the scarf ... love the paper piecing ... so very glad you shared your holiday traditions with us at jingle belles.
Chrissy said…
Great save Deanne, you may have had to paper piece his scarf twice...great card too...fabulous colouring on Jake, love the papers and flowers..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx
Heather said…
So nice to see you again. : ) Another stunning card; I always love seeing what you come up with. Gorgeous mix of papers and love all the flowers and fabric/netting. Thanks for playing with CSAYL. And congrats on the new house.
Hi Deanne, this is such a super sweet stamp, I can see why you love Jake Bear so much. What a stunning card again!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
Precious and his fur is perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun at CSAYL!!!
Annette said…
Wow, another of my favourite bears. Love your card hun, and those flowers are fantastic. Hope the packing is going ok. Take it easy.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Annette
xx
lauren bergold said…
what a pretty holiday card, i *LOVE* those gorgeous layers! thanks for sharing your favorite holiday tradition with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)
Ros Crawford said…
I adore this card ... It has to be my very favourite! Good luck with you move!

Popular Posts