The Paper Player 358:




Good morning all!  Happy Sunday to you! I am still sitting in an upside down craftroom.  I basically have a small idea of where things are, but otherwise I have things a mess!

This week at The Paper Players, Joanne's CAS Challenge is to colour in any image:



I wanted to create a loose watercolour painting card.  Is that even a thing??!  I wanted very defined lines and splotches, which is quite a challenge for someone who like things meticulously done.  It was harder for me to do a messy look and took twice as long LOL.  Go figure!!


+++PHOTO TIP+++
I also wanted to challenge myself with taking a photo of this card.  Not every day is sunny and soon the Canadian winter will be upon us in a few months.  So I decided to take the above photo in complete darkness with my two lamps.  I also use a large 14 x 14 white board to reflect light back onto my card (not pictured).
With a bit of photo editing it turned out pretty decent with online PicMonkey.  I use the "Royale" version, but they also have a great free version that is easy to use (this in my opinion only).


Very glamorous, Arby's Diet Coke and all =)





Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers, WPlus9 Modern Peonies
Die cuts: My Favorite Things Stitched Basic Edges
Frosting: Wow Embossing Powder White, Tim Holtz WaterbrushCanson XL Watercolor paperTsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Zig Clean Color Real Brushes





I also created this card for the following challenge:








Comments

Deanne this card is just gorgeous! The lose watercolouring is fabulous and I love the bright colours. I need a few lessons from you I think! I see a '2 for 2' over at FMS this week!!
laurie said…
Beautiful coloring! You always have such gorgeous cards!
Jen Brum said…
What a beautiful card Deanne! I love those flowers! The colours are so bright and vibrant! The sequins are a fabulous touch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
Jen Timko said…
Ooh, I love seeing your set up for the photo. I'm always fighting with light too! Such a pretty card...funny how the "loose coloring" can actually take more time! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!
Amy O said…
Perfectly pretty and sweet! Love the coloring! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches again!
Nance Leedy said…
I am always in awe of the bright and beautiful colors you achieve in watercolor. This is simply gorgeous. Stunning colors and love the white embossing. Fun to see your light setup too--TFS!
stampwithsandy said…
There you go again, Deanne. Rocking the house with those Zigs! Gorgeous creation, and thanks for sharing your photography setup, too. I always admire not only your cards but the photo setups you use. What kind of lamps are those?
Thanks for sharing your light set up! I definitely need lessons on staging my cards! You make it look so easy!
Your card is BEAUTIFUL! The embossed flowers with the loose watercoloring is amazing! Love the colors you used! I hope you are having a wonderful week, My Friend! XX
Jan Clothier said…
Yum! Such wonderfully vibrant colours and fabulous colour wash. I'm so surprised you took this photo in the dark. Improving my photography is a goal, so thank you for sharing your photo secrets. I always look forward to seeing what you've created.
Annie S. said…
Beautiful messy watercoloring with brilliant color layers! Thanks for sharing your photo setup. It's also very gray here beginning in the fall and I always struggle! Have a great day!
LeAnne said…
Stunning, Deanne! These florals are so intense in color...gorgeous! I loved seeing how you took your photo too...I have a very primitive lightbox but it only has one light and I would love to have two! And I love PicMonkey...although I use Picasa, PicMonkey is much more FUN!
Jaydee said…
Deanne, your lights really do work well! I love the intensity of the colors on this card and it was a great use of the sketch, too. Your little sequins are the perfect finishing touch. Gorgeous
hugs
jaydee

Popular Posts