Altered Tea Tin:

Oh my! Here we are at Wednesday.  I have been so terribly busy and when I do have a moment in the craftroom, my creation usually ends up in the garbage.  SO frustrating!!!  On a positive note: the sun is shining and my plants are enjoying every minute of it.  Oh how I LOVE Spring!

I did make time to tackle this tea tin that has been sitting, watching me, and asking me: please make me pretty!!

I used many scraps from my ribbon/fibre scrap bin.  Most I have no idea where they came from.  I have burlap, lace, gold ribbon, and one rope-like product.  I used a gorgeous collage digi sheet, Come For Tea, that I pieced together horizontally and used as my background paper.  And it got finished off with stitching and some metal embellishments.

Tea Tin Ingredients:  The House Across The Bay digi sheet, Bead Landing metal pendant, Jolee's Boutique Jute flower, My Mind's Eye burlap, stash ribbon/fibre bits, tea tin.  Tools:  sewing machine, EK Success corner punch.

I made this tea tin for the following challenges:  Simon Says Stamp and Show - favorite stamp, Frilly and Funky and Tando Creative- alter it, Papercraft Star - stamp it, Stampin' Sisters in Christ - natural elements, The Pink Elephant - for mom.

Okie-dokes, that's it for me today - I am off to work, then home to prepare for a garage sale (seems to be endless preparations), then up to the craftroom to make a card.  Phew - I'm tired already ;)

Photobucket

Comments

Jingle said…
Oh, this is just so lovely!
Jessie said…
It's so pretty!!!!
Diane Noble said…
Oh, WOW! Deanne this is over the top gorgeous. What a lovely tin! Thank you so much for joining our Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge with it this week. It's a wonderful addition to the inspirations submitted there. Hope you have and fabulous week...and thanks again.
Sylvia said…
Gorgeous tin, Deanne, I love the digitals and how you used them! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star, "Use a Stamp" challenge.
Marjie Kemper said…
How beautiful! Love your colors and the stitching adds so much wonderful detail. Thanks for joining us at Frilly & Funkie this week!
Dotty Jo said…
This is stunning Deanne, love the mix of images and the colours and that stitching is genius! Jo x
BTW, I'm running the Race for Life in a few weeks time and am looking for Bloggy buddies to 'sponsor/donate' £1. Anyone kind enough to do so goes into a draw for a £25 crafting gift voucher. The website does post internationally so why not drop by my blog and take a look?
Lynne said…
So unique, and absolutely stunning! A masterpiece indeed!
Candy C said…
Your altered tea tin is spectacular! I love the colors and the images all over it. Love the stitching and that flower on the front is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy
Ros said…
My goodness this is stunning!! I love the stamps and just about everything about this ... thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star
~amy~ said…
Super gorgeous!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
WOW! I love love love this!! something different and so great to use too! hugs Samantha :0)
Sleepy Stamper said…
You have gone beyond making this tin pretty...IT'S BEAUTIFUL! Love the digi images and how you've used them along with using your scraps! Thank you for sharing this with us over at the Papercraft Star!

Anitra
Anonymous said…
Absolutely beautiful Deanne ! Love the colours and the embellishment, so pleased you found the time to give it some love ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x
Michelle said…
Wow! Deanne, this is gorgeous! I love your color scheme and all the great embellishments from your stash. Don't you love having a stash? It's essential when you are crafting at times when the craft store isn't open. (or in my case, the craft store is an hour away) Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week.
Blessings,
Michelle
Unknown said…
Stunning piece Deanne you have altered this beautifully what a fabulous creation , well done . Enjoy the rest of your weekend Hugs Elaine
Carissa said…
Oh wow! This is gorgeous!
Hugs, Carissa
PS – I have candy on my blog http://carissa-creativeexpressions.blogspot.ca/2012/05/blog-candy.html
This project is beyond brillant! You really worked it out with the tin and all the lovely add-ons. Great job, and thanks for the inspiration. I will definitely use this idea. Also, I'd like to invite you to play along at Word Art Wednesday. We need participants, and your lovely work would be a welcome addition to our challengs. I really hope you will stop by, check us out, and play along. We'd SO LOVE to have you!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Clare said…
Wowser's Deanne your tin is stunning girl!!! you certainly did it justice. So pretty and stylish. I have a few tins to alter and you have certainly inspired me. Hugs Clare xxx
Karen said…
Oh this is just stunning Deanne! love the stitching. Thank you for joining us over at Tando Creative x
Jinny Newlin said…
What an absolutely gorgeous, tea tin, Deanne! Way to rock those THATB images! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!
Tammy Roberts said…
Beautiful tea tin! Thank you for sharing it at the Frilly & Funkie!
Kaz said…
This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for linking it to Tando.
Deanne, I just had to post a note of "Oh Wow!" at the way you used my Come For Tea digital collage sheet. (I'm the owner/designer of THATB). I'm always overwhelmed at how creative people can be with the digitals but you took this one over the top. Fantastic! Keep going!!!

Popular Posts