Merry Monday 154:


Hi all!  Happy Monday to you! I am so sorry that I have been rather MIA.  I have been battling a lot of vertigo and sickness and have good days and not so good days.  I am scheduled for an urgent meck MRI and really, really hope they find the cause of my vertigo.  I wouldn't wish this feeling upon my worst enemy.  Good thing I am a "Positive Patty" as that is what gets me through life.  That and smiling.  I love to smile =)

This week at Merry Monday, Nina has chosen the theme of creating a VINTAGE STYLE Christmas card:


I also love vintage and since it's been forever and day since I last crafted up a vintage card, I was super-duper excited for this challenge.  

I used this beautiful Santa image that's been in my stash that I found on Pinterest (unfortunately it wasn't linked).  I tore, distressed the edges, and inked with Hero Arts Gold and Brown Bark inks.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Peace on Earth set stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  I finished it all off with Wild Orchard mulberry paper flowers and gold crown pins.



As always, do not forget to check out the rest of my teamies' fantastic creations at Merry Monday and come play along too!!!

Looking for more Christmas inspiration??  Come visit our Pinterest page:  Merry Monday Design Team Christmas Card Creations

Have a fantastic Monday - cheers all!




Comments

JanR said…
Sorry to hear that you're not well! Just keep smiling (and say that to the tune of Dory in Finding Nemo and that might help too ;-) ).

Beautiful card! I love the distressing, the layers and that wonderful Santa image.
Bonnie said…
This is awesome, Deanne! That's a wonderful Santa image and I dearly love those sweet flowers! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Kristie Goulet said…
You rock vintage style cards, Deanne! Love this!
Sorry to hear that you haven't been well. Praying you have a great week this week! Hugs!
Wendy said…
Such a fabulous card, Deanne! Love the Santa image, papers and those beautiful flowers! I also love the vintage feel to your card too! Well done! Sure hope you get to feeling better! That vertigo stuff is nothing to mess with. I have heard people refer to it as hell.....they said it's horrible! Sending you thoughts & prayers and hoping the doctors can find out what's going on so you can get back to being healthy! Oh and smiling! Take care, girl!!!
Karren said…
I just love how you've made what is very clearly a vintage card, still look bright and fresh and clean! Gorgeous! Hope you're feeling better soon and get an answer to your vertigo problem.
Annette said…
Lovely xmas card honey, but hope you're feeling better soon. Hope they find out what's going on for you.
Hugs
Annette
xx
Deanne, this is a beautiful vintage card - LOVE those flowers!! (I hope you start feeling better!!)
Notes by Nina said…
Fantastic card Deanne, I love the papers you used the distressed edges and wonderful Santa image make for a perfect vintage card. Hope they find the cause of your vertigo soon.. feel better.

Popular Posts