Merry Monday 156:

Good morning all!  What a weekend, we had 1/2 foot of snow hit us in less than 24 hours.  We went from sandals and shorts to winter boots and mitts.  Crazy Spring weather =)  It will all be gone soon as nice weather is back in the forcast.

This week at Merry Monday, Wendy has chosen the theme of using pinecones, greens and "believe" on your Christmas card:


With this challenge being very traditional, I tried to make a CAS version that was non-traditional in style too.  I thought I would challenge myself =)  In the end, I am quite happy how my CAS card turned out.

I started by adding some texture with Tim Holtz Woodgrain stencil with Bo Bunny Gold glitter paste.  Next I embossed Paper Smooches Joyful Greeting sentiment in Stampendous! Gold embossing powder.  I stamped the Avery Elle Winter Wreath's pinecones in Memento Rich Cocoa and the greens in Memento Cottage Ivy.  I finished it all off with a Reverse Confetti Tag Me banner and a Teresa Collins sequin.



As always, do not forget to check out the rest of my teamies' fantastic creations at Merry Monday and come play along too!!!

Looking for more Christmas inspiration??  Come visit our Pinterest page:  Merry Monday Design Team Christmas Card Creations

Have a fantastic Monday - cheers all!


Comments

Wendy said…
This card is certainly a beauty, Deanne! Love the woodgrain background with your pinecones & greens! So pretty!!! Have a great week and hopefully that snow will soon be a thing of the past! :)
Bonnie said…
Deanne, your artistry always blows me away! Love the stenciled woodgrain that sparkles and the sweet pine cones! You succeeded beautifully, my friend! Have a wonderful week!
meg said…
Your card is beautiful love the woodgrain and the sentiment with the cones and greenery.
meg said…
Your card is beautiful love the woodgrain and the sentiment with the cones and greenery.
Karren said…
This is such a cool card! The gold glitter paste looks amazing!
Love the cleanliness. Very pretty.
Kelly Griglione said…
Oh my gosh, totally in love with this card!!! Your super-tiny pine cones paired with the super-large woodgrain is such an awesome contrast!! It really makes you stop and take a second look. Brilliant!
Notes by Nina said…
So pretty Deanne, I love this simple layout.
Deanne, what an awesome stencil! Love your beautiful CAS design!!
KimCreate said…
I've never seen gold glitter paste and its beautiful! you did finda way to make a modern take on a tradition theme! Very nice!
So sorry to hear about the snow, ours is almost gone finally! Love the glitter paste look!

Popular Posts