Controlled Chaos Thanks:

Hi all!  I hope your weekend has been warm and sunny!  We have had a icky Spring storm that brought in A LOT of snow.

This was in less than 24 hours - wet and heavy snow - yuck!!!


I am trying to think of a positive thing about all that snow, but nothing comes to mind :S

Oh wait, that means that I had lots of time in my craftroom - that's positive right???

I almost threw out the card below but was happy that I saw some potential in it.  I accidentally smeared the black splotches when I was doing the paste, but was able to cover up the "oopsies" - so all was well!!

I started with sponging Hero Arts Pastel Green with My Favorite Things Small Checkerboard stencil.  I then used some cheapy Michaels watercolours and "splotched" with a paintbrush.  Next I wanted to add some texture with My Favorite Things Diagonal Stripes and Ranger Texture paste.  I added a Paper Smooches Thanks Wise Die with some black foam that I got at my local dollar store (score!) and felt it needed just a bit more, so I also added an Altenew Label Love stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  Lastly I added a couple Doodlebug Beetle Black enamel dots.



I created this card for the following challenges:


(use white and one other colour)



Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Cheers to you all!!




Comments

Teresa Kline said…
oh no, snow??? I feel your pain, we have not had snow but super cold weather...brrrr..I am so ready for spring! I too took advantage of the cold weather to create a lot this weekend. your card is super CAS and super gorgeous...luv!

do you Instagram? would luv to follow you, started following your blog...*grin*

sparkle & shine *~*
~amy~ said…
Snow?! Oh no...

Your card is wonderful!!
Lisa Lara said…
I am so glad you did not through this awesome card out Deanne. I love it. Remember, "there are no mistakes in stamping".
Annette said…
It's perfect Deanne, so glad you managed to salvage the smudges. That's a lot of snow too. So glad it meant you 'had' to stay inside and craft instead. Seems ideal to me!
Stay warm honey.
Hugs
Annette
xx
Leigh Penner said…
Oh, I love this! Super take on the sketch!
Chriss Blagrave said…
So very stunning! Love your take on the sketch and so happy you salvaged. There is certainly no traces of oopsies !

Popular Posts