Black Snowflakes:

Good morning all!  Here we are at Friday again - oh sweet Fridays, how I love you!!

Like I said in an earlier post, I am in full-on Christmas card mode.

I thought I would try something a bit different and bring out the black glitter.  Surprise, surprise - it actually doesn't look to bad.  I would normally associate black glitter with Halloween, but it seems to work with this Christmas card.

I used an adorable George freebie:


I used an old Christmas snowflake ornament, used some snipper pliers, and broke it into a few pieces.  Oh, and then grabbed the black glitter and glittered my heart out!!
Card Ingredients:  StampFairy digi, My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday Everyday papers, Recollections cardstock, Prismacolor pencils (white, sky blue light, Spanish orange, yellowed orange), Recollections snowflakes, Martha Stewart Onyx glitter, Celebrate It ribbon.  Tools:  sewing machine, mineral spirits and blending stumps.


I made this card for the following challenges:  Christmas Stampin' - snowy, ABC Christmas and Top Tip Tuesday - recycle (old ornament), Deep Ocean - goodbye summer, Flourishes - Pinterest Christmas (inspiration below), Dig Haven - free digi month, Sketch N Stash - stash (ribbon, papers) and sketch:


And meet StampFairy's newest member:  Gingerbread Hulahoops
{image coming soon!}

Photobucket

Comments

Ros Crawford said…
Such a lovely card ... I love the touches of black glitter
Tina said…
wow how amazing and beautiful is this, love the image hes adorable and this color combo is lovely...love it
Very pretty card, love all those black glittery effects on your card....
TFS - enjoy your lovely day and weekend ahead!
Jeannie said…
This is cute and beautiful all rolled into one! Thanks so much for joining us again at Digi Haven.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie
Fabiola said…
hello Deanne, your card is so gorgeous and that black snowflakes so chic, thanks to play with us at CSAYL, hope to see you next week, biz
Annette said…
Your card is fab, the colour scheme is so unusual but it's really fab to see something different. Hope you're ok honey. Thinking of you.
xx
Anonymous said…
Fabulous Card LOVE the colours so different too! and great use of an old Christmas Ornament too!
Great to see you at Top Tip Tuesday for our Recycle It! challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)
Dana said…
This is absolutely adorable. I love everything about it. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com
Lynne said…
A very unique Christmas card! You usually don't associate these colors with Christmas, but they work with the snowman image. I like the black glitter on the recycled snow flake ornament. Once again, a job very well done!
Lisa Minckler said…
Hello Deanne,
I love your Christmas card! How original to use these colors, it's absolutely exquisite. All your attention to detail with the sewing, the recycling, the glittering, the layout..just terrific. A very inspring card for me. :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx
Crea-Sandra said…
So pretty, Love the snowflake!!
Thanks for joining our Anything goes September challenge at Digi Haven!
Hugs xx Sandra
Zw@@n said…
Wow, I love this card. Great colours and I love the way you recycled the snowflake ornament. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Love, Wilma
Sarah-Jane said…
Super Christmas card. I think the black glitter works really well.
Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash.
Sarah-Jane xx
Allison Cope said…
Gorgeous Deanne! Love the inspiration you used from Pinterest! Thanks for playing along with our Pinterest inspired challenge this week for our Timeless Tuesday challenge at Flourishes!
Broni said…
Well, this is just adorable! I LOVE that you used black glitter! Thanks for playing along in the Timeless Tuesday challenge with us!
Marie Bingaman said…
Well, holy cow, woman! This is freakin' fantastic!!! I love it! I gotta see if I have that George freebie in my stash.... :)
Annette said…
Honey, your card caught the eye at Top Tip Tuesday and you've won a GDT spot next week.
Annette
xx
Unknown said…
I love your card! It's amazing!!! So effective!
Hugs
Kim M
x
Julie said…
Stunning Christmas card - great colour combo and awesome embellies!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at SNS, Hugs Juliexx
Caroljenks said…
A GORGEOUS card and well deserved of our 'Caught our Eye' spot over at TTT. LOVE your recycling and the black glitter is fab!
Thanks for sharing with us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Recycle it' challenge :)

Carol x
Sandy Trefger said…
Congratulations, you were one of the top three winners on the Digi Haven September Anything Goes Challenge! Please pick up your "Top Three" Button on the Digi Haven blog to proudly display on your blog. Great job!!
And thank you so much for joining in on our challenge!
~sandy, Digi Haven Design Team
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Popular Posts