Sweet Birthday Fishes:

Good morning.  Well it should be an interesting drive to work this morning.  We have snow and freezing rain which is being blown by the wind, so everything vertical is complete ice.  I couldn't get back into the house this morning as the door handle was frozen shut.  I am not looking forward to driving in this.

If you wonder why I talk about the weather a lot, well there isn't much happening before 6AM and I lead a dreadfully boring life :)

At the beginning of the month I ordered a big package of House-Mouse stamps.  I finally got to ink one up to try a new technique (for myself) - coloring on kraft paper.

This little cutie is Fish Tales and the House-Mouse challenge is an inspirational photo of cupcakes.  Unfortunately I don't have any cake related stamps so I used the colors as my inspiration:
Card Ingredients:  House Mouse stamp, CraftSmart Black ink, Echo Park Spots & Stripes paper,  Recollections cardstock, Prismacolor Pencils (email me for complete list), Martha Stewart bakers twine, Dress It Up buttons.  Tools:  sewing machine.

I made this Birthday Fishes card for the following challenges:   The Pink Elephant - use kraft paper, CES Challenges - kolour on kraft, Sketch N Stash -  stash (cardstock scraps) new (stamp) and sketch 83, House-Mouse & Friends - inspirational photos (again, I was inspired by the colors), The Kraft Journal - anything goes with kraft.





So that's that!  Have a wonderful Tuesday and thanks for the visit.

Photobucket

Comments

~amy~ said…
Now how cute is this?!!!
Jingle said…
LOL! I'm guessing your life is not as boring as you think it is! :-) I hope you got to work safely! Your card is absolutely adorable! I just love House Mouse stamps!
Clare said…
Wow Deanne your card is awesome. So that's what colour looks like on Kraft!!! looks really effective hun. I love that stamp. Sounds pretty dangerous with your weather at the moment. You do be careful ok. I would love to tell you to stay indoors and not venture out but I guess you are used to this weather? in the UK we are so unprepared for the cold weather it's crazy. Big hugs Clare xxx
downrightcrafty said…
awwwwwwwwwwww such a fabulous image choice, and love the stitching, thank you for joining us for our Photo Inspired challenge at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
Karen Petitt said…
Gorgeous card, love those little mice, this one made me giggle when I saw the scene. Wonderful colouring on Kraft, will have to try that hugs Karen
Wow, this creation is fabulous. Love the colouring and the image. Thank you for joining us at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge & good luck. Jane (GDT) x
Beautiful card, I love the image, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, good luck.
Kevin xx
Gail said…
That is such a cute image!
Love the bright colors!
Sue said…
Love this stamp and you have colored it so beautifully! Bright fun card. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue
Lynne said…
The moment I saw your card, I said to myself "Oh my gosh this is phenomenal". The detail in your creation is remarkable. The next time I see you, I must remember to ask you about Kraft paper.
Sarah-Jane said…
Gorgeous card. Love the image. Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash.
Sarah-Jane xx
Donna Hanley said…
Deanne, This card came out lovely on the kraft paper. You picked terrific colors that show nicely here. What a cute image. Thanks for sharing.
Sue from Oregon said…
Super cute and love the coloring on kraft...awesome job! Love that wonky piece of pink cardstock you used on your background too! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

hearts; Sue K
Suzi Mac said…
Wow! Deanne, this is utterly gorgeous, I love the image, colouring and your paper choices. Fab card. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good luck in the draw.

Suzi GDT
Oh how adorable! Beautiful coloring and the embellishments are perfect with this darling House Mouse stamp. Thanks for joining in the fun with the photo inspiration at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge blog.

Cheers!
Jennifer
Dawn Frost said…
First of all the snowstorm missed us, thank goodness, I hate driving with freezing rain! Secondly I just LOVE this stamp, it is sooo cute, you did an awesome job colouring on kraft!
Julie said…
oh this is fabulous!! Gorgeous colouring!! Thanks for playing along with us at CES Challenges, Juliexx
Tracy said…
Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends challenge, good luck.
Mousey Hugs
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Lorraine A said…
Gorgeous card Deanne :-) the image is very cute and your colouring is amazing ! I never coloured on kraft but should give it a go ,, this is amazing ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x
Michelle Short said…
I love this card, love the colours/paper and stitching and i love the image on kraft card - beautifully coloured.

Thank you for playing along with my sketch for Sketch N Stash this fortnight

Michelle x

Popular Posts