Flower Boxes:

Good morning all.  I had a busy weekend and got lots accomplished.  It was such a lovely weekend, weather-wise, unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy it as I had myself cooped-up in my craftroom.

Today I don't have a card to share but I wanted to show you want I have been busy with.  My very good friend is expecting a baby any day now and I am in charge of decorating, this is my first baby shower where I am not just a guest.  I tried to think of all things handmade and this is what I came up with: 

Not really too sure what they are - let's call them flower boxes :) 


I searched the interent for tissue paper flower directions and came up with NOTHING (how is that even possible!).  Everything out there I found was for giant pom poms, even though it said flowers - trust me, this wasn't my first batch of flowers.  In the end, I made my own instructions and was happy how they turned out.


The boxes are recycled Kleenex holders.  They worked perfectly:  the flower just sits in the hole where the Kleenex comes out - no mess!
Flower Box Ingredients:  recycled Kleenex containers, Celebrate It Pink paper crinkle basket stuffer, Celebrate It ribbon, K&Co paper, Recollections cardstock, Beaded Circle Nestie, Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch, Recollections pearls, gold wire, stashed chipboard letters, and HOT GLUE!  Flower Ingredients:  Hot Pink tissue paper, pipe cleaners.

I made these flower boxes for the following challenges:  Secret Crafter - no images, just words, The Pink Elephant - inspiration photo, Paper Sundaes - feminine flair, Quirky Crafts - circles, gems/pearls, and flowers for a special lady, Crafty Purple Frog - pink and girly.

Thanks for the visit!  Next on the list:  diaper cake.  Wish me luck!

Photobucket

Comments

Jingle said…
Those are SO amazingly cute!!!
Cazzy said…
Deanne your boxes are a lovely idea, and perfect for our challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog
. Thanks so much for joining in.

Cazzy x
Clare said…
Wow Deanne these flower boxes are amazing girl!!!. What a wonderful idea. Your friend will be stoked when she see's them. Big hugs Clare xxx
cotnob said…
Your flower boxes are gorgeous, your friend will love them.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Purple Frog challenge.
Pauline
x
Anne said…
Wow.. beautiful.. one question : did you have fun in your craft room..if so then don't regret it.. there will be plenty of more lovely spring days to come.. what you have made is simply stunning..
Jessie said…
They are beautiful!
downrightcrafty said…
Beautiful creation, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)
Franz♥ said…
Wonderful creation Deanne, love it soooo much!

Thanks for playing with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Franz.
Lynne said…
Absolutely gorgeous! Love the vibrant pink!
Caro said…
I love these boxes and the beautiful flowers in the. Thank you so much for joining in my Recipe challenge on Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog
Mynn xx said…
OH MY WORD, these are fabulous! Will you pretty please with sugar on top share how you made the flowers!!!??? I'd love to make some of these for my home decor! :)
Sheri Gilson said…
Gorgeous project Deanne!! I love them!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!
~Sheri
Spyder said…
Aren't these just fabulous! My daughter's called Emma! Love your boxes.Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts Challenge. New Challenge starts Sunday evening. (My turn to set the theme)
((Lyn))

Popular Posts