12.02.2011

Vintage Josy...



Good morning.  It is absolutely beautiful out this morning with not a stitch of wind.

I am sharing a card with you all today that took all of my imagination.  I love to be challenged (though I may be muttering under my breathe when actually making the card).  And anything vintage/shabby is very challenging for me.  Basic Grey wants us to find things around the house.  I used a Halloween candy box for the kraft paper and the flowers came from my wedding box.  I built them up, made them fuller, ink distressed, and attached them with brads.  The green material is from..  I have no idea, one side was covered in velcro.  I guess I thought I would use it one day.

I used Josy Christmas, but used her for a birthday card:
Card Ingredients: StampFairy digi;  Bo Bunny Welcome Home and Basic Grey Marjolaine papers;  Recollections and recylced cardstock;  Copics;  Gelly Roll white pen;  Labels 18 and 8 Nesties;  Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch;  Making Memories brads;  Stampendous! sentiment stamp;  CraftSmart Chocolate and Gold inks;  Recollections pearls;  recycled flowers and material.  Tools:  sewing machine, edge distress tool, ink sponge.


I made Vintage Josy for the following challenges:  Basic Grey - around the house (material used, see above);  4 Crafty Chicks - birthdays;  I Brake For Challenges - vintage;  CASE Studay - CASE December Muse AmySimon Says Stamp - anything goes!


And it is also New Release and Freebie day at StampFairy.  Meet Molly Fairy:

 



Okay, I think I am done for the day.  Have a wonderful Friday!


Photobucket

12 comments:

Jingle said...

Very cutecard! Loving those flowers!

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely is this! Gorgeous work Deanne, Jo x

Fleur said...

Fab card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Basic Grey this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Danni said...

Beautiful card!!

Lori said...

Cute card!! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Lynne said...

You did a splendid job creating your Vintage card.

Céline said...

so beautiful card, love the dies with message
hugs
céline

Sharon Basel said...

Well you can't tell that you don't do vintage because this is perfectly vintage to me! Gorgeous card Deanne!

Leanne said...

Nicely done thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

cbuswell said...

Very pretty! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! : )

Kristina said...

You pulled off the challenge so well! Your card looks great :-D

Visiting from CASE Study
xo, Kristina
Please stop by and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word, that girl is TOO cute for words! Fabulously coloured too. Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! xo Chupa