12.29.2011

Shabby Yellow Rose Thanks...




What do you mean it's over??  What happened to Christmas?  I don't want to take down the tree :(

With that out of the way, I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season.  Mine is still technically going, I have been off work and don't go back until Monday.  Had some time to spend with family and just relax.  My husband spoiled me this year with many amazing craft goodies - I can't wait to break them out of their packages!!

But who got spoiled the most??  Our fur-babies:  Max, Baby, Peeps, and Pixie.
  Pixie after opening her gifts Christmas morning, 'tis exhausting work:


Today I am sharing a shabby-chic card with you - I have been trying very hard to perfect this technique.  Some day I will have it completely figured out :)

Card Ingredients:  Clear Dollar Stamps digis;  Recollections cardstock;  My Mind's Eye papers;  Circle Nestie;  Fiskars Threading Water border punch;  CraftSmart Chocolate and Gold inks;  recycled ribbon;  Hero Arts lace;  Martha Stewart baker's twine;  Prima button;  Recollections pearl.  Tools:  Making Memories edge distressor.

I made this yellow rose card for the following challenges:  Simon Says Stamps - anything goes;  CASE Study - CASE Amy's beautiful card;  City Crafter - fussy cutting;  4 Crafty Chicks - something new (button, lace, twine).

With that said, have a wonderful day.  Thanks for coming to visit!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such lovely card, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Leintje* said...

OOOhhh pixie is so sweet!! Your card looks so FAB. Deanne, I love how you work with roses so much. Your roses cards looks always amazing. I like the pocket you've made in this one!!! Wonderful job!!
My tree is still standing, we will break it down after NEw Year's Eve.
Well, have fun with all your new presents from christmas!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

Ros said...

Lovely card ... I love the lace and trimmings ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Jingle said...

I LOVE this card! Absolutely gorgeous! And yes...our puppies were EXHAUSTED after the gift opening extravaganza! LOL!

~amy~ said...

LOVE this card...it's absolutely gorgeous!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! Great job!
I love the ribbon/lace/twine, nicely done!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Deanne, it is so nice to meet you...your fur baby is sooooo cute....I adore the layers, designs, and ribbon in your card...gorgeous. So glad you joined us at CASE Study, have a fabby weekend girl!

enjoy *~*

Amy Sheffer said...

I'm loving the shabby/vintage look here! Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study!

Debby said...

What a wonderful combination of patterned paper and great fussy cutting. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Debby said...

What a wonderful combination of patterned paper and great fussy cutting. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Aimes said...

Lovin' the super sweet stamped button on this beauty!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Deanne, love the shabby style, although the star of your post has to be Pixie she's so cute :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge.
Happy New Year
hugs Mandy xx

Linda R. said...

I just love your shabby Vintage card.. Looks so Pretty.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!