11.04.2011

Vintage Patches...




Good morning everyone!  If you follow my blog, you know I love Winter, but one thing that always amazes me every year is how dark it gets outside.  I am usually up at 6AM to visit my blogging friends and the sun is still sleeping.  Hmmm... maybe the sun is trying to tell me something ;)

I am pretty excited to share my card with you today - I am trying to expand my craftiness to also do more CAS style cards.  I actually went shopping online and spent a small fortune (okay it was under $100 but I usually don't spend that kind of money).  But I figure it's worth it - I work and I craft.  That is it - a pretty boring life.

Card Ingredients: StampFairy digi;  My Mind's Eye and DCWV papers;  Recollections cardstock;  Copics;  Gelly Roll white pen;  Labels Nine Nestie;  CraftSmart Gold and Chocolate inks;  stash vintage button;  hemp twine.
Tools:  Making Memories distress tool;  sewing machine.

 I made Vintage Patches for the following challenge:  The Pink Elephant - Distressing;  Charisma Cardz - Cutesy;  PaperPlay Challenges - buttons;  ABC Christmas - vintage;  CASE Study - CASE Kryssi's gorgeous card.

Don't forget to check out StampFairy's New Release:  Barry Angel.


I do hope you have a wonderful weekend, I plan to get some more crafting done.
Stay crafty, Deanne :)

23 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Adorable creation. I love the cutout in the front. Have a happy weekend! :)

Jingle said...

I love this card! The muted colors are so pretty!

Tanya R said...

Oh I adore this bear. I am not used to this kind of color scheme from you, but it works, I LOVE it.
Hugs
Tanya

Jacq said...

Hi Deanne,
This is just Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the adorable image, the dps, the colour scheme is so warm and cozy looking. Love the layout and the embellishment. Coloured to perfection as always.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Samantha said...

Oh hunny this is a stunner! love how you did this, Thanks for coming to join us at ABC Christmas Challenge for our Vintage Challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter as many times as you like per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Jess Willison said...

So cute Deanne! Love Patches!

Carissa said...

So sweet. Love your beautiful colouring and paper piecing. Hugs, Carissa

Kryssi said...

This is such a sweet adorable card!!!

Marie B. said...

Hi Deanne! I think I purcahsed this digi, but I daresay your coloring is WAAAAAAAY better than my version! :)

Sara I. said...

This is soooo stinkin' cute Deanne!! Love the cutout and the papers - the button/twine combo is the perfect touch!! xx

Dora said...

Wow this is fantastic Deanne, love the aperture and sweet image of Patches. Hugs xxx

Lynne said...

Your card is remarkable. May I ask what CAS style means?

Ellen said...

Your card is soooo cute! That little bear is just too sweet :)

Sandy said...

This is just the cutest little bear. Adorable card!

Wendy Colledge said...

This is absolutely Gorgeous!! LOVE this!
Thanks for joining us at Paperplay Challenges.

Sharon Basel said...

Oh my gosh - what a great card design! I just love this with Patches perched on the edge and the designer paper with words as focal point. Terrific with the paper pieced ornament. Love it!

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Rae said...

So darn cute!

cbuswell said...

LOVE the gingham and adorable bear! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! : )

Liz's creative corner said...

Oh this is so cute, love the image and card style, thanks for sharing with us at paper play, hugs Liz xx

Carissa said...

Just popping back to say Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge. Carissa

Marie B. said...

Hi again Deanne! This is the third time I have tried to leave this comment, sao sorry if it's a repeat! I was inspired to make a card based on this one...come check it out if you can! :)

crazyribbonlady said...

Such a cute card! Thank you for joining us at charisma this week! Emma x