In with the 80s Wednesday

He's crazy about her, she's crazy about him, and he's just crazy.

You know what I am talking about: Pretty In Pink (1986)
*sigh*



Andie (Molly Ringwald), a poor but fashion-conscious girl who has a crush on one of the rich boys in her school, Blane (Andrew McCarthy). When Andie and Blane try to get together, their friends aren't too please as they come from different sides of the "track"

Andie lives on "the wrong side of the tracks" with her unemployed father. She is trying to convince him to get a job and seems to be struggling with it. Her mother left the family a few years before. To save money, Andie buys secondhand clothes and uses her sewing and fashion skills to create unique clothes.


(seriously, what was she thinking)


She drives an old, beat-up, dusty rose-colored Karmann Ghia.


Her best friend is Duckie (Jon Cryer). Duckie loves Andie, often riding his bike around her house, but plays it off as a joke in front of her.

(I heart Ducky)





In school, she and Duckie are harassed by the "richie" kids, namely Steff (James Spader).


(Steff with his feathered hair at the prom)



Anyway, Steff gets snubbed by Blane, Blane ends up with Andie, Duckie ends up dancing with some cute lil thing, and they all live happily ever after.

It is so very hard to believe that Pretty In Pink is already 23 years old already! Am I really that old?? I was 10 years old when this movie came out. Where does the time go, really?

I did this post for Derek, as we watch Two and a Half Men every Monday. I tried to explain to him that Allan (Jon Cryer) used to be Duckie. So here you are - I gave you Duckie!

*I would have picked Duckie*


...off to Vegas - see you all in 1 1/2 weeks...

Comments

Michelle Marie said…
OMG I did a serious squeal when I saw this post. I LOVE Pretty in Pink!! I totally have "If you leave, don't leave now, please don't take my heart away. Promise me just one more night, then we'll go our separate ways..." in my head right this minute.

LoL big time when I saw the comment on her dress. I always wonder that when I watch the movie. How she gets all psyched to ruin this gorgeous 60s inspired dress to make that travesty of a frock to wear to the prom. Omg and her purse, remember the purse?

Ducky is the shit. When I watch Two and Half Men, I always think "there's Ducky"!
Jen said…
I totally didn't make the connection between Two and a Half Men and Pretty in Pink. Thanks for pointing it out!
Derek said…
All I know is that Allan is hilarious...and apparently he is some ducky from some show that came out when I was 4 years old and probably learning to walk :-) LOL
thats right - you married a winner :-)

Popular Posts