7.06.2008

Waskesiu Lake Pt 2 - Wildlife...

Because it was raining buckets, we decided to do a car tour of the park.

The camera and myself got completely soaked through the car window taking these - the wind blowing the rain right into my face sure didn't help matters!


We found a hand full of mallards enjoying the rain.





The rain stopped for about an hour so I was able to get a couple of butterflies around our campsite.


This guy was sneaky - it took me the full hour to find him still enough to take his picture.



AND... this bumble bee cracks me up! If you make this photo full size you can see that he is smiling at me with his hands up!!! Tell me he doesn't make you smile!!??


If I were paying attention I would have noticed that I wasn't in focus. Darn it!! But instead of deleting the photo I photoshopped it a bit.



And ofcourse what camping trip isn't complete without a visit from the park squirrel!

3 comments:

jenn b said...

Love the colour in the mallard's wing! Great job also with the butterflies, they're so hard to photograph because they never sit still...

CrackelJam said...

I LOVE the bumblebee- he's so cute! And I really like the snail photo too, it reminds me so much of camping at the lake...

Jenn M said...

i love the snail photo - so cool!