7.24.2008

Spooky children...

So just the other evening Derek and myself took our weekly walk down by the lake. We hadn't realized that it had gotten quite dark. I remember zipping up my coat from being very cold. And to be honest I felt like we were being watched, but I shook it off as I usually have an overactive imagination.

We couldn't tell if it were going to rain so we "high-tailed" it out of there. In our haste of being in such a hurray, we took a wrong turn and found ourselves lost. I was getting pretty scared at this point, especially when I couldn't get the thought of someone watching us out of my head. So ofcourse, I had to go ahead, trip on a tree root, and fall down. In doing so, I was certain I had sprained my ankle.

I took this picture right before I landed in the brush.


So we continued to walk (with Derek's help), still not knowing exactly where we were. We could hear water to our right, therefore, we assumed it was the lake.

I am not too sure what I had heard next, it sounded like.... maybe children laughing?? I watch a lot of horror movies and I know the sounds of spooky children laughing and singing - la la la, you know the sound. But again, I shrugged it off, Derek thought I was "nutso" (his words exactly) and off we went.

Another picture of the path, you can see a creepy moon glow at this point. All I could think of was "get ME out of HERE!"


Ok, now where was I. Oh yes, that damn laughing. By this point I really felt like I was in a horror movie and that these children were going to come out of the dark bushes and attack me and Derek and eat us! I swear they were going to reach out to us with their black finger nails and grey faces and giggle and then MUNCH TIME!!

Told you, overactive imagination...


We had found a clearing in our path - yay!! We were so relieved. We had finally found our way back to our usual walking spot. My ankle was now the size of a balloon but I didn't care. I just wanted to get home and forget our frightening walk.

And again, a picture of our path.... me and Derek are on the bottom, but who is that is the bushes to the left? See!?!?!? DO you see what I see??????!!!?















Obviously, I made up this whole dang story, every inch of it. I told you "I ain't no writer" ;)

5 comments:

lemon_tart said...

Wow I totally love the first one - SO spooky.

-Nisha J (from WB)

jenn b said...

I love the creepiness factor of the last one!!

Jenn said...

thats for the comment, i cant wait to get it back:) im counting the hours, i feel so naked without it!

Theresa T said...

The first photo looks like something from a scary story.

Char said...

LOL....I must have an over-active imagination too...I was getting freaked out...lol...I even blew up your last pic and *thought* I *might* have seen faces in the bushes on the left??? LOL...you wiener...you scared me...excellent pics buy the way....nice 'spook' factor.